Sunday, August 10, 2014

Mission - Maui, World Championship of XTERRA



http://www.gofundme.com/cuebww


2014 XTERRA WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP - Maui, Hi

Something that started out just a few years back as an innocent idea to race in my first sprint triathlon turned overtime into so much more. I fell in love with the sport and the challenge. Now almost every weekend you can see me out on the trails mountain biking, trail running, swimming or doing triathlon races. This sport became my deep passion and gave me a purpose in life.

I’m here to prove to myself and others that anything is possible when you set your mind onto something there are no limits. To hopefully inspire women out there to get out of their comfort zone and chase their dreams, to live the passion that they all have in them. I don’t believe in putting things away for later but rather in charging life with full force to get the most out of each day. I’m trying to live life to the fullest as much as reality allows me.

When I got my first chance at the XTERRA World Championships in 2012 I didn’t care how I was going to get there, it was such a deep dream of mine that I just knew I had to be there. That year I placed 9th in the World in my Age Group and crossed the finish line with tears in my eyes. I turned my dream into reality so quickly.

Since then I placed in the top three in most of the XTERRA events that I completed. And just recently I won a UAST Off-Road National Championship title in Richmond Virginia and was the 2nd Overall Amateur Woman surpassing a few Professional Women times. With this result and also with finishing 2nd in the XTERRA Southeast Championship in Pelham, Alabama I qualified two times for the 2014 XTERRA World Championship in Maui, Hi.

I was waiting for this moment for two whole years, to come back and challenge myself once more on this difficult and demanding course with high hopes of surpassing my previous result and race at the World level. We will be racing in the heat and full sun for over three long hours with a 1 mile rough water swim, 20 mile grueling bike course with 3300 feet of elevation gain and ending with a 6 mile, 1.092 foot elevation change run that takes everything that was there left out of you. It will be a tough and testing day for all 800 best racers from around the World.

I’m trying to accomplish this while working full time, training and racing a lot. My life has become a race, training, and an event all in one. I would love one day to be able to focus completely on racing...

For now however Maui is my main goal at the moment and I’m trying not to look any further beyond it.

Hopefully one day I will be able to give back to the community in more ways and inspire and encourage people to become the best that they can. For now I am doing it through my racing and blogging and hope that it does reach others and pushes them to become better themselves and have full and meaningful lives.

Any contribution to my Goal and this Journey would be greatly appreciated!

Read about all my adventures at www.BeataWronska.com

Aloha, Beata







No comments:

Post a Comment