Tuesday, May 22, 2012

I just received an official Maui slot!

This is my dream race in a dream location.



Worlds and Nationals in Xterra had been on my mind for many years now.

I remember relaxing on the couch with my husband and watching on TV Xterra Nationals. There was Emma Garrard riding up this beautiful trail in Lake Tahoe. She was still racing as an age grouper and having a full time job. Now she races pro and I watched her battling it out in Alabama with the top racers. She is such an inspiration. I remember this like it happened just days ago. I looked at my husband and told him that I was going to be there one day just like Emma did. He smiled at me, like usual with little disbelieve. But you know what, he should know me better by now, I really do not say things that I don’t mean. So I started training hard and striving for it.
Watching the Worlds in Maui later on inspired me even more, all those amazing athletes from around the world with their years of dreams and hard work burnt right there on the sharp lava rocks and filled in clouds of red dust. I could watch it a hundred times over and over again and each time it would make me cry. It is such an achievement and victory to get there, to race, to have courage and strength and will. I applause to anyone crossing the finish line because I know how difficult it is to push yourself so far…

I thought I was ready last year when I went to race in Canadian Championships in Whistler, BC which by the way was a super awesome race. But I couldn’t do it and defaulted to the Sprint race. I wasn’t ready and started wondering if I ever will. I didn’t give up however and kept on training as much as I could.

Six months later however I woke up and was willing to get out there and give it a try. Finally, I allowed myself to prove that I could do it.

After few full distance events I placed in top women in my region and this will qualify me for the Nationals in Utah this year and that is so sweet! Also I just did qualify for Worlds in Maui from my ITU Cross Triathlon finish in Alabama!
That is crazy. I'm ecstatic now and very happy. It happened finally for me!

It happened very quickly and I was ready to wait as long as it takes for my opportunity. But I got it and there is no need to wait any longer.

All I can say here is that no one should never give up, never stop dreaming and stop believing.
As long as you love something and you have a clear sight on what you want and you are making small steps toward your goal, you are on the right path.

Keep dreaming because dreams do come true, sometimes it takes time, sometimes it takes longer than we anticipated, but it is all worth the wait…

Those videos must be seen:

Utah, Nationals - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RPvgNYeq2U
Maui, Worlds - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZcZrlx_Rhk


No comments:

Post a Comment