Thursday, April 18, 2013

Xpedo M-FORCE 8 Ti pedals


Now that I have been using the Xpedo M-FORCE 8 Ti pedals for about 2 weeks now I feel it is time to write a mini review about them.




For the past year I have been using the Shimano XTR PD-M980 pedals and have loved them. I then was given the opportunity to use the M-FORCE 8 TI pedals. At first I was reluctant because I do not like changing stuff that works but decided to try them.






I received them in the mail and the first thing I noticed was the weight. They were very light and almost as light at the Crankbrothers Eggbeater 11’s and these are SPD's. Only 20 grams separated these from the eggbeaters and a whole 90 grams lighter than my XTR's. This is due to the Ti Spindle and Ti body but brings a rider weight limit to 180 lbs. but I don't have to worry about that and with me being a weight weenie this satisfies my craze.











 Now the cleats have the same 6 degree float like others and the body has the same tension adjustments but what separates it from others is the footprint of the cleat that gives more contact area to the pedal and shoe as you can see in the pictures.


 Overall I feel a more secure fit with my pedals which translates to confidence and more power transfer. I am glad I switched to Xpedo pedals and you will be as well. 

Xpedo carries other pedals that satisfy other rider weights and budgets. 
Check them out at http://www.xpedo.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment